VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A retired Terre Haute man has been charged with child molesting.
Police report 74-year-old John Yocum was picked up Thursday by the Vigo County Sheriff's Office on one count of child molesting.
According to court documents, Yocum touched a 12-year-old girl inappropriately while she was staying at a friend's house.
Yocum claims he doesn't remember doing anything to the girl, however he says the victim has no reason to lie.
Bail has been set at $50,000 with no 10 percent allowed.
Yocum is set to appear in court on Dec. 13.
- Terre Haute man arrested on one count of child molesting
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Terre Haute man found not guilty on all counts in child molestation trial
- West Terre Haute man behind bars on two counts of child molesting
- Terre Haute man found guilty in child molestation case
- Terre Haute man charged with molestation
- Rockville man arrested on child molestation charge
- Jury has been seated for Terre Haute child molesting case
- 129-years: Snapp sentenced on 28 counts of child molesting
- Terre Haute man accused of molesting 13-year-old