TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man accused of killing another man has entered a plea agreement.
Eddie Stewart pleaded guilty but mentally ill to voluntary manslaughter.
Charges of murder and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon would be dismissed.
This is in connection to a stabbing death from March of 2017.
Police say Stewart stabbed Carlos Vinson to death at the Dew Drop Inn.
Under the plea agreement, Stewart would serve 17 and a half years in prison.
His next court date is set for July 5th.
- Terre Haute man accused of murder enters a plea
- Terre Haute man sentenced after entering a guilty plea
- Vincennes man enters guilty plea for murder
- Terre Haute man accused of threatening couple at red light enters plea
- Terre Haute man accused of sex crimes enters a guilty plea
- Terre Haute man enters a guilty plea; accused of splitting 14-month-old boy's tongue with scissors
- Chicago man takes plea in Terre Haute attempted murder case
- Guilty plea entered during trial; Terre Haute man set to be sentenced in Nov.
- Terre Haute man enters guilty plea to burglary and sexual battery
- Terre Haute man enters guilty plea for five counts of neglect of a dependent