TERRE HAUTE, Ind. A Terre Haute man is facing a number of sexual crime charges.
Police have arrested 41-year-old Michael Courtland South.
South was in court on Thursday morning to hear the charges against him.
Those include one count of rape, 16 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, and two possession charges.
Police say South sexually abused a young girl over the course of a year and four months.
According to court documents, DNA testing was conducted on a number of items found at South's home during a search warrant.
South is set to appear in court again on Friday.
He remains in jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Terre Haute man accused of molesting young girl for over a year
- Terre Haute man denies accusations that he molested two girls
- Terre Haute man accused of molesting young girl for around 10 years, getting her pregnant at age 13
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Terre Haute man charged with molestation
- Terre Haute man accused of molesting 13-year-old
- Terre Haute firefighter accused of child molesting appears in court
- Terre Haute man accused of exposing himself to a young girl during a sleepover
- Terre Haute man arrested on one count of child molesting
- Terre Haute man found guilty in child molestation case