TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - All first responders are vital to keeping our families safe, which is why they are always training.
On Thursday, both Union and Regional Hospitals in Terre Haute held a mass casualty drill.
The scenario was for an active shooter situation.
The drill was described as very intense.
Emergency and medical professionals were there.
Nursing students from local colleges played the roles of the victims.
Both sides had the chance to experience how scary a situation could layout if it were to happen here.
- Terre Haute hospitals train for active shooter
- Hospital hosts active shooter training
- Officers use Terre Haute North for active shooter training
- Church hosts active shooter training
- Terre Haute City Hall to close for active shooter training for one day next week
- Richland County prepares with active shooter training
- Train activity getting worse?
- Church congregation runs, hides and fights through active shooter training
- Knox County library to hold active shooter training for staff
- Active shooter training happening Wednesday at City Hall