TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A new piece of technology at a local hospital is raising patient and employee safety.
It comes in the form of a new transport bed for MRI patients at Union Hospital.
The got the bed through a 2017 Safety First Grant.
The bed has the ability to be raised and lowered.
It makes it easier for patients to get on and off, as well a for hospital employees to use it.
Union Hospital officials told News 10 they were one of two winners of the Safety First Grant last year.
- Terre Haute hospital receives new equipment that helps with patient safety
- Equipment to help improve alleyways in Terre Haute
- Newborns at Terre Haute hospital receive special gift
- Regional Hospital Gets New Equipment
- Vincennes hospital to receive additional equipment to help detect breast cancer
- Terre Haute receives special Cultural District Designation
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Three patients die after receiving excessive pain medicine, hospital says
- Hospital receives recognition for patient care data practices
- Regional Hospital earns "A" grade in patient safety