TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local business offered free food to federal employees that were affected by the government shutdown.
JP Stop N Shop in Terre Haute offered free breakfast, lunch, and a snack with a fountain drink.
Several people took advantage of the deal.
Owners say they helped because they see employees from the federal prison every day.
- Terre Haute gas station lends a hand to federal government employees
- Local gas station to offer free food to federal employees
- Salvation Army in Terre Haute needs your help lending a hand to local families
- Police investigating robbery at gas station in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute teen sentenced for shooting gas station clerk
- Gas station employee battered as overnight incident turns physical
- Lending a helping hand to those who serve
- Wabash Valley organization lends a hand to community groups
- More businesses offer a helping hand to furloughed federal employees
- Gas pipeline upgrades underway in Terre Haute