TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An event focusing on women's health happened on Wednesday in Terre Haute.
It happened at the Holiday Inn.
Regional Hospital and the Paul Siebenmorgan Cancer Center hosted the event.
Local doctors were on hand to talk about cancer screening and prevention, pap smear guidelines, and HPV vaccinations.
"It's very important that we let the community know what resources are available for women. What all the screening strategies and prevention we can offer them," Dr. Fatima Hina said.
The event was free to the public because early detection is the best prevention.
- Terre Haute event focuses on women's health
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Public forum focuses on improving Terre Haute's infrastructure
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce focuses on advocacy
- Event focuses on photography as form of meditation and prayer
- Local event brings wheelchair awareness to Terre Haute residents
- Walk to End Alzheimer's event a success in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute prepares for city wide clean up event
- Terre Haute group holds 'Drugs are Spooky' event
- Terre Haute North students hold special event for Camp Navigate