TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Vigo County school went on a brief lockout Tuesday morning.
It came after reports of a suspicious person with a gun in the ally near Ben Franklin Elementary School in Terre Haute.
Bill Riley from the Vigo County School Corporation told News 10 the school was on lockout for 12 minutes.
When the Terre Haute Police Department arrived, they determined the person had a toy gun.
Riley said school was able to resume normally.
- Terre Haute elementary school goes on brief lockout after a person with a gun was reported nearby
- Two vague phone call threats prompt lockout at Terre Haute South and Booker T. Washington schools
- Brief lockout at Woodrow Wilson Middle School after report of 'gun on campus'
- 'Star Books Cafe' opens at Terre Haute elementary school
- Police report guns stolen from home in West Terre Haute
- One person hurt after Terre Haute crash
- 'It could be the matter of life and death..' Reported gun on campus at Woodrow Wilson Middle School prompts lockout
- Resident reacts to nearby manhunt
- Power outages reported on Terre Haute's southside
- Person in hoodie, with one white glove, reported putting suspicious package in Terre Haute mailbox