TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local couple accused of crimes against a child appeared in court on Thursday morning.
Tamara Nalli faces charges for battery on a minor.
Her husband, Christopher Nalli was charged with neglect of a dependent.
Police say they found a child with visible bruises inside of a home on Liberty Avenue in Terre Haute.
The child told police Tamara hit them when they got into the food.
Both have requested a public defender.
Judge Roach released both Tamara and Christopher.
Tamara will return to court on July 24.
No contact orders were issued for both Tamara and Christopher until DCS reviews the case.
- Terre Haute couple accused of abuse and neglect when a child got into food appear in court
- Terre Haute mom jailed on child neglect allegations
- Terre Haute woman accused of child abuse, allegedly hit kids when they got into food
- Indiana reports fewer child abuse, neglect deaths in FY 2016
- New food bank opening in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Terre Haute man arrested for raping child
- Terre Haute man accused of threatening couple at red light enters plea
- Terre Haute couple arrested for federal and state drug charges
- Court documents allege Terre Haute firefighter molested two underage girls, had child pornography