TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - There's some opposition to a new casino in Vigo County.
It's evident in new billboards that have been placed around Terre Haute.
The Bible Baptist Church sponsored them
The billboards say casinos depend on problem gamblers for their revenue base.
We've reached out to the church for comment several times, but so far, no one has agreed to an interview.
- Terre Haute church sponsors anti-casino billboards around the city
- Terre Haute billboard pays tribute to Pittsburgh shooting victims
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Terre Haute church marks Ash Wednesday
- Casino company places second bet on Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Terre Haute takes two more steps towards getting a casino
- Do you want a Casino in Terre Haute?
- Indiana Gaming Commission approves casino sale, make a Terre Haute casino one step closer
- Billboards up across town urging people to vote 'no' to casino