TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute church is getting property to create a new community garden.
We told you about Spruce Street Community Church's goal earlier this year.
A court issued tax deeds.
On Tuesday, the Vigo County Commissioners approved granting five parcels of land to the church.
Church leaders want to create a citrus garden.
Part of that plan involves building a greenhouse.
The church already runs a community garden with fruits and vegetables.
Church leaders say it will take some time, but they are excited to move forward.
- Terre Haute church granted land for new community garden
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- New community garden ready for harvest in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute denied community crossing grant...what happened?
- Community honors Terre Haute firefighters
- ISU Community Garden officially open
- Community garden opens for season
- Terre Haute: A community in silence
- Community comes together to cleanup Terre Haute
- Community Spotlight: Happiness Bag in Terre Haute