TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - In 2018, doctors diagnosed more than 1 million cases of cancer.
That's according to the National Cancer Institute.
On Wednesday, The Paul Siebenmorgan Cancer Center in Terre Haute received recognition for its part in fighting those statistics.
The center is part of Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
They received the Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award.
The honor focuses on patient satisfaction.
200 hospitals in the U.S. and Canada received this award.
- Terre Haute based cancer center wins patient satisfaction award
- Terre Haute Fire Department wins state award
- Terre Haute based company celebrates 80th anniversary
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Terre Haute South wins Safe Sports School Award
- Award-winning author and rower makes Terre Haute stop
- Award banquet honors Terre Haut's finest
- Terre Haute firefighter honored with yearly award
- Terre Haute firefighter honored with Osterloo Award
- Terre Haute based Dever Distributing under new ownership