TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One man is in custody after a Terre Haute stand-off.
It started around 5:00 Tuesday afternoon near 5th and Oak Streets.
According to Terre Haute Police Chief Shawn Keen, it started when officers were called to a well-being check at a home in that area.
— Tilly Marlatt (@Tilly_WTHI) June 25, 2019
When officers arrived, they tried to talk with a man through a window.
One of the officers believed the man had a firearm.
That is when they pulled back to establish a perimeter.
The Terre Haute Police Department Special Response Team, along with a negotiator were called to the scene.
Just after 7:30, our crew saw police take one person into custody.
News 10's Sarah Lehman will have much more on this story coming up on News 10 on myFOX10 and News 10 Nightwatch.
- One person in custody after Terre Haute stand-off
- One person hurt after Terre Haute crash
- Fans pack the stands at the Terre Haute Action Track
- One person hospitalized after Terre Haute house fire
- One person hurt after Thursday night crash in Terre Haute
- One person hurt after Terre Haute crash involving motorcycle
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes
- Crows in downtown Terre Haute
- Community honors Terre Haute firefighters