TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute Police Officer has asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit against him.
Last month, Quintin Towles filed a lawsuit against Vigo County, the Terre Haute Police Department, and Officer Lance Sanders.
Sanders shot Towles during an incident in October of 2015.
The prosecutor's office determined Sanders' use of deadly force was justified.
Towles is in prison on a number of charges, including possession of a handgun.
Attorneys for Sanders filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit on Thursday.
- Terre Haute Police Officer files motion to drop lawsuit against him
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Motions to dismiss filed in lawsuit involving Isaac Haas
- Police officer shortage plaguing Terre Haute
- Former youth basketball coach files motion to change guilty plea
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers
- Fallen Terre Haute Police Officer identified as Rob Pitts
- Community dinner helps support fallen Terre Haute Police Officer's family
- Board votes to dismiss West Terre Haute Police Officer