TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The local March for Our Lives group is calling on lawmakers to take action on a federal gun background check bill.
The Terre Haute March for Our Lives group got together to write senators Saturday.
Co-founder Charlotte Olsen says she wants lawmakers to vote yes and support the bill. Group members say the bill would help to prevent mass shootings.
"I figured it was time for me to stand up and say something and try to help do what I can to prevent this."
If passed, the bill would make it illegal for unlicensed sellers to sell guns without a background check.
- Terre Haute March for Our Lives group writes lawmakers
- March for our Lives Planned in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute native writes book, sharing his journey in radio
- Group works to help Terre Haute homeless
- Terre Haute chapter of March for Our Lives holds first meeting
- Groups meet for networking opportunity in downtown Terre Haute
- Local groups host community dinner in West Terre Haute
- Terre Haute group honors those that help our community
- Group brings musical fun to downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute group holds 'Drugs are Spooky' event