TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more about an overnight house fire.
It happened around 2:00 Thursday morning in the 2700 Block of Wilson Drive.
That's on Terre Haute's east side.
Crews told us the flames spread to the attic...and it was most likely caused by a heater malfunction.
Storm Team 10 said the temperature at that hour was a bone-chilling 0 and down to negative 10 with the windchill.
We note that because a firefighter battling the blaze was taken to the hospital for frostbite.
He has since been treated and released.
The fire was ruled accidental.
- Terre Haute Firefighter suffers frostbite during early morning blaze
- Community honors Terre Haute firefighters
- Early morning crash ties up traffic in Terre Haute
- Home destroyed during early morning fire in West Terre Haute
- Crews fight early morning house fire in Terre Haute
- Cooking incident blamed for early morning Terre Haute house fire
- Police investigate early morning stabbing in Terre Haute
- Biggest blaze in California history challenges firefighters
- 60 firefighters work to put out blaze
- Services set for Terre Haute firefighter