TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - On Wednesday, Terre Haute City Councilman Karrum Nasser announced his intention to run for mayor of Terre Haute.
Nasser served one year as city council president.
We spoke with him after the announcement, where he outlined his hopes for Terre Haute's future.
"We look at other communities that are thriving throughout the state and it seems like we struggle to catch up with other communities. Whether its Fishers, Bloomington, or Evansville. We have a great opportunity with a pipeline of young talent at our local colleges that other communities would envy to have," Nasser said.
Pat Goodwin also announced he would be running for Terre Haute mayor.
The race will take place in 2019.
- Terre Haute City Councilman announces his intention to run for mayor
- Current Vigo County Councilman announces intention to run for commissioner
- Former City Engineer announces he will run for Mayor of Terre Haute in 2019
- Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett announces he will run for re-election
- Mayor, Councilman talk sewer project costs
- Assistant Terre Haute Fire Chief announces run for State Representative
- Vincennes city councilman passes away
- Terre Haute Young Professionals hear city update from the mayor
- Consultant: Terre Haute city finances improving
- Terre Haute's new city judge sworn in