TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce is looking to dial back in on the community's health.
That's with the re-launch of Better Health Wabash Valley.
Better Health is a branch committee of the Chamber.
It addresses what the most serious health needs of our community are.
News 10 spoke to Terre Haute Regional Hospital CEO Nathan Vooys who's helping direct the effort.
He says re-launching this effort will help improve the well-being of local people.
Vooys explains, "It's great to be surrounded by people who care about this. Some of it is because it affects their business and their cost for health care but for a lot of these organizations, they have healthcare services that they can provide or they have resources they have available and they want to be able to interact with those who might need those services."
Vooys says the group hopes to bring some important health care-related issues to the statehouse.
Better Health Wabash Valley was established back in 2009.
- Terre Haute Chamber re-launches Better Health Wabash Valley
- Many travel to Wabash Valley for Terre Haute Air Show
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Launch Terre Haute hosts future business leaders
- Terre Haute Chamber partners with surrounding communities in new partnership
- Chamber of Commerce, volunteers spring clean in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce wants your feedback
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce focuses on advocacy
- Terre Haute Chamber's lunch mob prompts small business
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce president announces retirement