MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) - Prosecutors have filed attempted murder charges against a 19-year-old man for a shooting near Ball State University during which one person was fatally wounded and six others hurt.
The charge filed Friday against Vashaun Harnett of Muncie alleges he shot and seriously wounded a 20-year-old man during a house party early May 18. The (Muncie) Star Press reports police interviewed the man after he was taken to an Indianapolis hospital.
Harnett isn't charged with shooting 17-year-old Daymarr Kennedy, who died Monday at a Muncie hospital. Delaware County deputy prosecutor Zach Craig says more charges might be filed after ballistic tests are completed.
Harnett told police he shot another partygoer who pointed handgun at him. He's scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
Information from: The Star Press,
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/25/2019 3:23:40 PM (GMT -4:00)
- Teen charged in party shooting near Ball State campus
- Shooting near Ball State campus prompts alert from university
- Ball State lifts fraternity party ban after three months
- Teen charged after Idle Creek house party turns deadly
- Overnight shooting ruled "accidental" at ISU's campus
- 'We don't care if you're red or blue...' A State of the Union watch party took place on ISU's campus
- Ball State sees large response after Papa John's decision
- Ball State settles anti-abortion group’s lawsuit over fees
- North Carolina campus shooting leaves 2 dead, 4 injured
- American Legion party postponed