SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Kindness is taught at a young age...and that's why one man who has faced diversity his entire life is traveling to teach students that lesson.
Dr. Michael Goodman has Treacher Collins Syndrome.
It's a facial condition where your bones don't form all the way, impacting things like breathing and eating.
Dr. Goodman has traveled to almost 50 different schools telling students his story.
On Wednesday, he shared his story about why kindness is important to Sullivan County students.
"Everyone's fighting a battle...whether it be internal or external...we are going through something whether we show it or not," Dr. Goodman said.
- Teaching kindness to kids at a young age
- An eagle named 'Eddie' teaches young kids about gun safety
- New video teaches kids about finances
- Cakes for kindness
- Different kinds of fog
- Golden Apple: Teaching kindness while having fun at Dixie Bee Elementary
- Small Business Saturday: Doing big things at a young age
- Make a Difference: Teaching kids how to defend against bullies
- Richland County dispatchers teach kids how to call 911
- Top Guns in Terre Haute teaches kids about safety