VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The former Pfizer property could soon have a new tenant thanks to a 10-year tax abatement.
The abatement was requested by Saturn Petcare from the Vigo County Council.
A council sub-committee approved the 10-year abatement at a Thursday night meeting.
The company plans to make a $38 million investment in overhauling the Pfizer property.
If the pet-care company moves in, it would bring 200 jobs that pay more than $18 an hour.
Saturn scrapped plans to move into the former Kellogg's plant in Seelyville earlier this month.
- Tax abatements could lead the way to 200 new $18 an hour jobs in Vigo County
- 200 jobs could come to Seelyville, board talks tax abatements
- Council talks business: JADCORE tax abatement and Pyrolyx bonds
- Sony DADC layoffs prompt questions regarding company's tax abatements
- City council votes to pull tax abatements for Sony DADC
- Vigo County courthouse murals reflect 200 years of county history
- After nearly five hours, Vigo County Council votes to increase income tax to fund new jail
- Saturn Petcare, along with 200 jobs is one step closer to reality in Vigo County, but what's next?
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing
- Vigo County Property Tax deadline approaching