TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute City Council is expected to make a decision on a hot-button issue on Thursday night.
The council will, once again, consider rezoning a property off of Prairieton Road for the purposes of a new jail.
Last week, people filled council chambers to share their thoughts about the proposal..and that meeting lasted five hours.
Vigo County Commissioners want to rezone the former International Paper property for a new Vigo County Jail.
The county owns the property, but it is within the city limits, meaning it is up to the city council to make the rezoning decision.
The meeting starts at 6:00 at Terre Haute City Hall.
- Take Two: Terre Haute City Council to meet for a second time to rezone International Paper property for jail
- Rezoning eastside property discussed at Terre Haute City Council meeting
- DENIED: Terre Haute City Council says no to International Paper rezoning request
- ON HOLD: International Paper rezoning request put on hold
- Rezoning request for proposed new jail site in Terre Haute City Council's hands
- Terre Haute City Council hears rezoning proposal for potential Vigo County Jail location
- Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning for a new jail location
- The vote is in: Terre Haute City Council approved the rezoning for a new jail location
- Old International Paper property back in the running for new jail location
- City council could soon take up rezoning vote for the proposed Vigo County jail site