TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute City Council is expected to make a decision on a hot-button issue on Thursday night.
The council will, once again, consider rezoning a property off of Prairieton Road for the purposes of a new jail.
Last week, people filled council chambers to share their thoughts about the proposal..and that meeting lasted five hours.
Vigo County Commissioners want to rezone the former International Paper property for a new Vigo County Jail.
The county owns the property, but it is within the city limits, meaning it is up to the city council to make the rezoning decision.
The meeting starts at 6:00 at Terre Haute City Hall.
- Take Two: Terre Haute City Council to meet for a second time to rezone International Paper property for jail
- Rezoning eastside property discussed at Terre Haute City Council meeting
- DENIED: Terre Haute City Council says no to International Paper rezoning request
- ON HOLD: International Paper rezoning request put on hold
- Old International Paper property back in the running for new jail location
- Council approves rezoning for future condos
- Group encourages Terre Haute residents to speak out against a proposed new jail location at city council meeting
- Terre Haute hosts swim meet
- Terre Haute City Councilwoman says she has not made up her mind about rezoning request
- Commissioners vote to lease part of the former International Paper property