TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Terre Haute Police say detectives have updated their timeline regarding the disappearance of Alice “Anita” Oswald.
The 77-year-old was reported missing back on Nov. 10 and police issued a Silver Alert for Oswald on the Nov. 13.
THPD Assistant Chief Shawn Keen told News 10 Oswald was last seen at a heating and cooling business at 2100 Maple Avenue the afternoon of Nov. 9.
She left the business at 4:35 p.m. According to Keen, Oswald made arrangements to meet a repair tech at a house she owns in the 1600 block of 2nd Avenue.
News 10 confirmed she owns two homes, 1648 and 1652 on 2nd Avenue. Keen did not elaborate to which home they were meeting. He did confirm that detectives learned through GPS monitoring that the repair tech arrived at the house at 4:55 p.m.
Oswald did not.
Several detectives on the case have worked this angle of the investigation extensively. They’ve collected forensic evidence at the 2nd Avenue home.
Police have also reviewed surveillance video from businesses located along the route to and from the home and the heating and cooling business.
Still, Keen believes their break in this case could come from the public, and the break could center around Oswald’s car, which also remains missing. It’s a maroon or burgundy 2014 Honda CRV that has an animal decal in the rear windshield.
Keen asks if you’ve seen a vehicle like this in your neighborhood that normally doesn’t belong to please call Terre Haute Police, 812-238-1661. Keen says this includes people who live in adjacent counties to Vigo and also rural areas.
Oswald's home also became the scene of an arson in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. Neighbors said fire investigators paid a visit to Oswald’s home Wednesday morning.
- TIMELINE: Police release additional information in regards to missing Terre Haute woman
- Timeline for closing Macy's in Terre Haute released
- Terre Haute Air Show New Information
- Terre Haute Police release more information on Robert "Paulie" Olson's stolen car
- Terre Haute Police find missing 16-year-old
- Police release additional information on 18th Street homicide that led to the death of an officer
- Wanted Terre Haute woman found by police
- Mural party celebrates the new addition to downtown Terre Haute
- Police release more information on shooting
- New details released after Terre Haute standoff