TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A suspect has been arrested in connection with two residential armed robberies in Terre Haute and he could face additional charges for a gas station armed robbery.
Terre Haute Police were called to the Marathon gas station located at 13th and Ft. Harrison in Terre Haute around 5:13 a.m.
The store clerk told police a male suspect threatened her with a knife and demanded money. Police report he left the gas station on foot.
Then just before 7:30 a.m. police were called to 4405 N. 18th Street for reports of an armed robbery. The resident told police a male suspect was in the bedroom going through property. "She indicated that the male had fled when confronted," a press release stated.
While officers were at the home on N. 18th Street, another call came in around 8 a.m. for an armed male inside a home in the 1900 block of Spang Avenue. The homeowners told police the suspect was armed with a large knife and was attempting to take property from the home.
"One of the homeowners retrieved her firearm and told the male to leave," the press release from Terre Haute Police stated.
The homeowners stated the male suspect left their home and went into the backyard of a neighborhing home. Police located a large knife in the area and then was given consent to search that neighboring home.
Officers were able to force entry into the garage and located the male suspect. The suspect identifed himself as Richard Epple, 30 of Terre Haute. But, later stated his name was Nathan Epple, 24 of Nighstville.
Epple was also wanted for charges of pointing a firearm and theft out of Division 5 in Vigo County.
Police took Epple into custody and is facing two charges of armed robbery and false reporting in connection with the two residential armed robberies.
Terre Haute Detectives are reviewing footage from the Marathon gas station and additional charges could be added.
- Suspect arrested in connection with two residential armed robberies; could face charges for gas station armed robbery
- Police investigate armed robbery
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office looking for suspect in connection to gas station armed robbery
- Gas station robbery suspect enters guilty plea
- Vincennes man arrested in connection to armed robbery at restaurant
- Police search for armed robbery suspects
- Two men charged for downtown armed robbery
- Armed robbery suspect search underway in Daviess County
- Police release photos of accused dollar store armed robbery suspect
- Suspect wanted in connection to armed robbery at Terre Haute Subway