TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Police say a crossing guard was not seriously hurt after being hit by a car on Wednesday morning.
It happened around 8:00.
According to Terre Haute Police, a guard was in the crosswalk at 18th and Walnut Streets.
That's when they were hit by a driver going west.
News 10 was told the crossing guard was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver was cited for disobeying a crossing guard and failure to use extreme caution in a school crossing zone.
- Terre Haute crossing guard sent to hospital after being hit by a car
- Terre Haute in need of school crossing guards
- Railroad crossing in Terre Haute reopened
- Work starts on Terre Haute railroad crossing
- First driver-less car hits the market in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute's hospitals lift flu restrictions
- Terre Haute hospitals train for active shooter
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- U.S. Congressman tours Terre Haute hospital
- Terre Haute Police hold 8th Annual Honor Guard Scramble