TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people are in custody and a child is safe after an incident at a house near 24th and Beech Streets in Terre Haute.
According to police, it started when officers were called to the house to help with a Department of Child Services investigation.
When police arrived, they say they witnessed an armed man with a handgun turn the lights off.
That is when officers pulled back from the house and Terre Haute Police Department's Special Response Team was called.
At around 10:00, our crew witnessed one of the men being cuffed and placed in police custody.
And then, just before 11:00, another man and a child came out of the home.
The adult was placed in custody.
Police say they used negotiators to help resolve the incident.
Both of the men had outstanding warrants.
No injuries were reported.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Two in custody and child safe after incident near 24th and Beech
- UPDATE: ISP reports child is safe; suspect in custody after Amber Alert issued
- Section of 24th Street closed through February 26
- Illinois group hopes to pass child custody law
- Taped together firecrackers: Motel 6 incident wraps up peacefully after device found in room safe
- UPDATE: Police cancel Amber Alert after missing Michigan children found safe, suspect in custody
- Barricaded subject arrested without incident
- Three behind bars on sex trafficking and child molesting charges, incident allegedly involves Parke County campground
- Keeping holiday leftovers safe
- Security incident at U.S. Embassy in Cairo