TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Police Department reports K9 Arie passed away over the weekend.
9-year-old Arie passed away Saturday night from medical complications.
THPD reports Arie and handler Sgt. Sears were ‘perfect partners’ and that ‘over the past 7 years the pair has been responsible for many suspect apprehensions as well as many narcotic arrests,’ THPD reported.
The Terre Haute Police Department stated they are grateful for Arie and the relentless effort he put forth day in and day out.
A memorial is being planned and details will be released when information becomes available.
- THPD K9 passes away from medical complications
- THPD welcomes new K9 officer
- Services set for THPD K9 Officer Arie
- You can help THPD get a new K9 Officer
- Local store donates $10,000 to THPD for a new K9
- THPD to honor K9 in special service, efforts to secure new K9 underway
- THPD Investigating Shots Fired
- Mission Accomplished: Top Guns raises enough money to buy THPD new K9
- THPD enforce dance permit ordinance
- Gov. Holcomb signs bill requiring medical providers to report abortion complications