TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local group is giving back to kids in need one sale at a time.
The Terre Haute Area Association for Realtors hosted a garage sale Saturday morning. All the proceeds will go toward needed repairs to the Vigo County Children's Home.
Organizers say they love giving back and this event was the perfect way to do so.
Broker with Jane Rowe Reality Jenny Jones says, "It means everything to us. I think we all have a dedication for the children and the community, so we try to go above and beyond whenever we can."
All the items donated but not sold will go to the Salvation Army, the Indiana State University Career Closet and Vigo Homes for Kids.
- THAAR garage sale benefits local kids
- Big art donations will benefit local kids
- Group pays it forward through free garage sale continuing Monday
- Golf event benefits local children
- Concert benefits local community center
- VFW 972 rummage sale benefits veterans at Reach Services
- Spring style show benefits local healthcare
- Golf benefit set to help local children
- Local Union responds to Bemis sale
- Local store holds special produce sale