PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - Police have identified a suspect after a threat was found at an Edgar County high school.
On Tuesday, a threat was found in a bathroom stall at Paris High School.
Police and school officials immediately launched an investigation.
On Wednesday morning, police identified the suspect that they believe left the threat.
According to the Paris Police Department, the male suspect was initially cited for transmitting a threat of violence, death, or bodily harm against persons at a school.
Those were sent to the States Attorney's Office to allow them to consider charges.
- Suspect in Paris High School threat identified
- Threat found in Paris High School bathroom, investigation underway
- Paris High School receives one of a kind program
- Paris attacks suspect's trial in Belgium postponed
- Paris, Illinois Wendy's robbed at gunpoint, police search for suspects
- Officials seeking help in identifying suspect
- Victim and suspect of deadly stabbing identified
- Hearing for Mattoon High School shooting suspect rescheduled
- Two students taken into custody after threats made at Loogoottee High School; officials report neither threat credible
- Sheriff says no credible threat against school