TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A suspect has been arrested in connection to a shooting that happened in Terre Haute in October.
Shawn Bass, 30 of Terre Haute, was arrested on Nov. 12 for criminal recklessness and aggravated battery.
The shooting happened on the night of Oct. 22. That is when police say a juvenile was shot in the back of the head while driving a truck. The juvenile reportedly lost consciousness, causing him to hit Oubache Elementary School.
In court documents it states the juvenile was driving his brothers truck at the time of the shooting.
Police report the juvenile was traveling north on 6th Street with passengers and the juvenile's brother was also traveling on 6th Street in a black Monte Carlo.
At the time of the reported shooting, passengers in the truck told police that they heard a "loud explosion of glass breaking" in the truck they were in. One passenger also told police that he saw a gold SUV behind them on 6th Street.
The juvenile told police that he had seen a gold/tan SUV earlier in the day at his mother's house on 4th Avenue. He identified the driver as Shawn Bass.
The juvenile's brother told police that he had previous issues with Shawn Bass including a dispute over money and a dispute over a girlfriend. He also said that before the shooting, Bass was driving the gold SUV on 4th Avenue and reportedly pulled a handgun on him.
Bass is scheduled to appear in court Monday morning.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute
- Man wanted in connection to Terre Haute shooting arrested
- Two people arrested in connection to Terre Haute shooting
- Arrest made in connection to Terre Haute Mexican restaurant robbery
- Three arrested in connection to Terre Haute armed robbery
- Man arrested in connection to Terre Haute house fire
- Friday afternoon chase leads to arrest in connection to Terre Haute shooting
- Trial date set for man arrested for October shooting in Terre Haute
- Suspect in Terre Haute dead after shooting himself