VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We now know who police say is connected to setting several vehicles on fire in Terre Haute.
Donald Morris has been arrested in-connection to five arsons dating back to June.
Police say Morris set several fires near North 13th Street. Officials say he tried to break into the cars but when he couldn't find anything he set them on fire.
The cars were fully engulfed causing damage worth thousands of dollars. That's why fire officials are warning you to take precaution and to lock-up your cars.
"Keep your valuables in a safe place, don't leave your purses in your vehicles or your wallets, your computers, your backpacks,” explained Arson Investigator, Norm Loudermilk. Don't give people the opportunity to entice them to break into your vehicle."
Loudermilk adds that it is thanks to the community, and continued work, that this arrest was possible.
Morris remains in the Vigo County Jail.
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Man arrested in connection to Terre Haute house fire
- Man wanted in connection to Terre Haute shooting arrested
- Arrest made in connection to Terre Haute Mexican restaurant robbery
- Two people arrested in connection to Terre Haute shooting
- Three arrested in connection to Terre Haute armed robbery
- Fire consumes Terre Haute warehouse
- Terre Haute man charged in connection to Monday morning chase
- New walkway to be built along U.S. 150 connecting Terre Haute to West Terre Haute