SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI)- Sunday the Sullivan County Fairgrounds was a place of hope. Friends and families showed up to support a local family. People like Courtney Boyll
"My kids were raised with her kids. My husband was raised with her and her brother. She’s just part of the family," said Boyll.
Boyll is a close friend of Crystal Hughes. Hughes lost her two sons Zach and Jude in a terrible house fire earlier this year in October. Also involved was her mother Patsy.
It was a tragedy that left her family devastated along with a financial burden.
"I just wanted to help cover the expenses because I want them to be able to start fresh and not have to worry about the burden. You know, try and lift they burden off," said Boyll.
That's why many gathered to hold this spaghetti dinner for the Hughes family. All the funds raised going towards the funeral cost of the two kids and their grandmother.
It's a cost that the family was worried about being able to cover.
"I was so terrified I wasn't going to be able to do everything that needed to be done and have everything paid for,” said Hughes. “With all these people and all these donations it eases me so much knowing that my kids and my mom are going to be taken care of."
Everything for the event was donated. There was over 100 items up for auction with everything going to the family.
Even friends close to the family volunteered to work the event. It's an outpour of support that Crystal and the rest of the Hughes family cant thank everyone enough for.
"Just so grateful that there are still caring, loving and generous people out there. It's just all overwhelming and I can't thank everyone enough for everything," said Hughes.
There is also a Go Fund Me currently running for the family. If you would like to donate click on the following link.
- Sullivan community holds fundraiser for victims of fatal house fire
- UPDATE: victims in fatal Sullivan County accident identified
- New dialysis center in Sullivan holds open house
- Truman House holds Friday fundraiser at the Vigo County Courthouse
- Sullivan Automotive group holds fundraiser for fallen Officer Rob Pitts memorial fund
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Sullivan County crash
- Sullivan County Coroner identifies victim of weekend truck fire
- Sullivan County sheriff piecing together night of fire victim's accident
- Autopsy complete; no positive identification on Sullivan County house fire victim