SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A tragic accident claimed the life of a young man early Sunday morning.
Sullivan County coroner Mary Ann Dudley tells News 10 the victim was identified as 20-year-old Mitchell Ridge of Sullivan.
County Sheriff Clark Cottom says Ridge's truck caught fire on Sunday around 4 a.m.
It happened near South Third and Cooper Street in Merom, Indiana.
The sheriff says Ridge failed to make a right turn, ending up in a grassy area.
That's when his truck caught fire.
When the fire department arrived, they found Ridge's body inside the truck.
Cottom says they're working hard to find out what happened.
"We are leaving no stone unturned. We are talking to a lot of people, trying to retrace the steps of the evening, and earlier in the evening as well. It's very important to our investigation to determine that we know exactly what has occurred," said Sheriff Cottom.
Ridge's death has been ruled as accidental with no foul play suspected.
His cause of death is pending toxicology results.
Police are asking if you have any information to contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's office.
Their number is 812-268-4044.
- Sullivan County sheriff piecing together night of fire victim's accident
- UPDATE: victims in fatal Sullivan County accident identified
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Sullivan County man dies in tractor accident
- Fire destroys Sullivan County diner
- Sullivan County Coroner identifies victim of weekend truck fire
- Working together to help Sullivan County house fire victim
- Police identify victim of Sunday night accident involving pedestrian
- Early morning accident caused power outages in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County Ambulance update