SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A traffic stop earlier this week in Sullivan County has landed a Carlisle behind bars on theft charges.
On Wednesday, police pulled over 49-year-old Stephen McCarter for an equipment violation.
During the traffic stop, police learned McCarter's driver's license was suspended.
Police also learned an ATV in the back of McCarter's pickup truck had been reported stolen in Knox County.
He was arrested and charged with theft and driving while suspended.
- Sullivan County man charged when police find stolen ATV in the back of his pickup truck
- Tractor stolen in Sullivan County
- LOCATED: Police find missing Sullivan County woman
- Wanted man arrested, police find stolen firearms
- Sullivan County man charged after police say they found stolen motorcycles at his home
- Sullivan man facing charges after police pursuit
- Police needing your help locating stolen RV from Sullivan County
- Man arrested after truck reported stolen
- Police in Sullivan County search for man accused of using stolen credit cards
- Illinois man facing charges after police said he led them on chase in a stolen truck