SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Sullivan County man is behind bars, facing charges of strangulation.
On Tuesday, police arrested 22-year-old Colton Samm of Hymera.
Police responded to a home on Coal Street in Hymera to reports of an unwanted guest.
When Hymera Town Marshal Derrick Cullison arrived, he heard a woman inside screaming that she was getting battered.
That is when Cullison forced entry into the home.
According to police Cullison found Samm and a crying female.
The female reportedly had marks on her neck and face indicating a battery.
The victim told police Samm stangled her in a bedroom of the house.
Samm was booked into the Sullivan County Jail on charges of strangulation.
- Sullivan County man behind bars on strangulation charges
- Man facing charges of criminal confinement, kidnapping, and strangulation set for a court appearance
- "Tell me when you can't breathe" Former Vigo County Commissioner facing charges of strangulation
- West Terre Haute man charged in Sullivan County burglary
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Manhunt in Sullivan County for wanted man
- Wanted man arrested in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County man safe after water rescue
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident