SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Sullivan County Parke and Lake received a generous donation on Thursday.
100 Women Who Care in Sullivan County presented the park with a check.
It was worth over $8,000.
The money will be used to buy new playground equipment for the park.
Leaders say they hope this makes the park more accessible for children.
"We'll be taking all of the equipment out and adding in equipment that is all-inclusive. It's specifically designed to meet the developmental needs of all children as well. There will be stuff that children can do at ground level. Stuff that they can climb," Karissa Huff told us.
Leaders say Sullivan County Park and Lake sees around 450 campers, including children, every summer.
- Sullivan County Park and Lake receives big donation
- Organization received big donation
- Community center receives big donation
- Sullivan County school receives donation to help finish library renovations
- Cayuga Grandstand Project receives big donation
- Bikes for Tykes receives big donations
- Team of Mercy receives big donation
- Clay County group receives donation
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
- Sullivan County farmer makes donation to CODA