SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) - A local humane society is celebrating 10 years with the community.
The Sullivan County Humane Society spent the evening celebrating a decade of service.
There was a ceremony this evening at the Sullivan Civic Center.
Those at the celebration got the chance to adopt animals, check out some vendors and take their pets for a walk.
Organizers said they're grateful for the love and support from the community.
"We're lucky that we have a lot of support from the community, or we wouldn't be able to be here this long and we wouldn't be as successful as we are," said Julie Tow, President of the Humane Society Board.
This was the first celebration the humane society has held, but they hope to hold similar events with the community in the future.
- Sullivan County Humane Society celebrates 10 years with the community
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
- Celebrity servers take tips for Humane Society at Sonka's
- SCAM WARNING: Woman claiming to be from Sullivan County Humane Society allegedly trying to take pets
- After rescuing nearly 30 animals from dangerous conditions, Sullivan County Humane Society at maximum capacity
- Restaurant gives percent of sales back to Sullivan County Humane Society
- Community Spotlight: The Vigo County Historical Society
- WV Human Resources Association Celebrates 60 Years
- Humane Society has message to pet owners
- Humane society dealing with sewer issues