VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - School's out for the summer, but the learning continues for a group of local students.
The Sisters of Providence invited students to take part in a special program.
It's a volunteer opportunity that puts students in close contact with Providence Health Care.
It's an inpatient and outpatient facility that offers specialized nursing skills to the Wabash Valley.
The program will allow volunteers to interact with residents.
Organizers say the teenagers who participate will receive life-changing experience.
The program will run through June 13th.
- Students take part in summer learning volunteer opportunity
- Students take advantage of Vigo County summer learning program
- 'It's our responsibility to offer this kind of platform,' Vigo County School Corporation offers new online learning opportunities for students
- Local students jam into summer
- Career fair prepares students for real world opportunities
- Students get opportunity to help preserve area prairie grass
- United Way holds learning session as it searches for volunteers
- Kids learn about minerals at Marshall summer camp
- Toddlers learn while playing at Children's Museum summer camp
- Parke County students learning archery as part of schools physical education