TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Students at one Wabash Valley school celebrated Frankenstein's 200th birthday.
Sullivan High School hosted a poetry contest called 'Frankeslam.'
It gave students the chance to share their work with everyone.
A professional poet spoke to students about Mary Shelley, the author of Frankenstein.
Students also received a little inspiration for their writing.
The event is part of the 'One State - One Story Frankenstein' program that is celebrating the 200th birthday of the novel.
- Students celebrate Frankenstein's 200th birthday
- Clark County set to celebrate 200th birthday
- Groups come together to celebrate Vigo County's 200th birthday
- Illinois gears up for 200th birthday party Monday
- Baesler's birthday celebrations
- Labradoodle creator says he regrets 'Frankenstein's monster'
- Illinois' 199th birthday kicks off bicentennial celebration
- Terre Haute woman celebrates her 101st birthday
- Local bank celebrates its 150th birthday
- Former President George H.W. Bush celebrates 94th birthday