TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Regional Airport is looking to take its growth to new heights.
That's with its Airport Gateway Strategic Plan.
Board members are working with an Indianapolis consultant.
The goal is to help boost growth and development on the east side.
Because of its location and traffic, the airport plays a big role in deciding what goes near them.
Executive Director Jeff Hauser says if developers look to build within five miles of the facility, they have to be notified. That's because it could interfere with airport operations and runways.
"We're going to get a map together that shows how far out, how high, what kind of structures can be built," said Executive Director Jeff Hauser, "and we'll get that out to both city and county, and we also want to put that on our website as well."
The airport recently finished updating three hangars. Hauser says tenants are moving in to those.
Right now, Hauser says they're waiting on the materials to build three more.
- Strategic plan looks to boost business, growth along Terre Haute's east side
- New business plans to call Terre Haute's east side home
- Culver's opens on Terre Haute's east side
- New Starbucks on the way to Terre Haute's east side
- East side of Terre Haute continues to develop
- UPDATE: Christmas Day shooting investigation on Terre Haute's east side
- Police investigating series of crimes on Terre Haute's east side
- Nearly 2,000 customers without power on Terre Haute's east side
- Crews battle house fire on Terre Haute's east side
- New grocery store opens on Terre Haute's east side