TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - A Vigo County home is completely destroyed after a morning fire and fire investigators are warning people to pay attention!
Firefighters responded to the blaze at 3139 North 27th street at around 7:20 this morning.
Arson investigator norm Loudermilk says the fire started on the outside of a trailer with an addition.
The homeowner told firefighters she woke up smelling smoke and noticed a red glow.
After investigating Loudermilk says a wood burning stove pipe got too hot and set a tarp on top of the roof on fire.
The homeowner told firefighters she and one dog made it out safely but another dog died in the fire.
Loudermilk says the fire is ruled accidental.
- Stove Pipe and Plastic Tarp Cause Fire
- Tips for winterizing your pipes
- As temperatures drop, prevent frozen pipes
- Protect your home and business from freezing pipes
- Protect the Pipes in Your Home From A Harsh Winter
- Below freezing temperatures put water pipes at risk
- City secures grant to upgrade water mains, pipes, hydrants
- Pipe bombs target Democrats, CNN as political tensions mount
- Incoming cold air could be dangerous to pipes
- American Water rate hike could be coming down the pipes