Photo Gallery 4 Images
VIGO/PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A crime spree on Tuesday morning landed one man in the hospital...and then straight to jail.
It all started when Parke County officials received a call about a stolen truck out of West Terre Haute.
Deputies say they found that truck stuck in a field just outside of Rosedale.
Inside, police say the truck was full of guns and deer heads.
Parke County Sheriff Justin Cole said those are most likely from other crimes that have yet to be reported.
Police say the spree does not end there.
Authorities say Bryan Roberts of West Terre Haute then stole another truck...this time from Rosedale.
Police say Roberts crashed that truck just a few miles north of Lyford on 600 West.
Witnesses say they saw Roberts running into a nearby wooded area.
From there, he allegedly stole an ATV from a farmer who lived in the area.
Deputies say Roberts hit an embankment, causing the four-wheeler to crash, which punctured the gas tank, leaving the ATV on empty.
Roberts was finally caught.
Police say the guns and deer heads were stolen during the overnight hours from a business in Clay County
Because of his injuries, Roberts was taken to Union Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
He is facing charges related to auto theft and being a serious violent felon in possession of firearms.
- Stolen vehicles, guns, and deer heads: West Terre Haute man accused of going on three county crime spree
- Police report guns stolen from home in West Terre Haute
- Man accused in West Terre Haute bomb scare pleads guilty
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- West Terre Haute man charged in Sullivan County burglary
- Terre Haute man arrested after police say they found stolen vehicles at his home
- Terre Haute man accused of trashing the inside of a gas station...over stolen ice cream
- Busted: Terre Haute man featured on Crime Stoppers behind bars
- Terre Haute man accused of sex crimes enters a guilty plea
- Trial date set for Terre Haute man accused of child molesting crimes