INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A group of probationary Indiana State Police troopers will receive official vehicles to begin solo patrols in their assigned districts.
The state police say a commission ceremony will be held starting at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Indiana State Police Museum in Indianapolis for 51 members of the 78th Recruit Academy.
The event marks the culmination of more than five months of academy training, followed by three months of intensive field training.
- State troopers to receive vehicles for first solo patrols
- Weapon stolen from ISP trooper vehicle
- Troopers assigned to Sullivan County receive extra help
- An Indiana State Trooper vehicle was struck by a dirty diaper
- Illinois state trooper guilty of soliciting prostitute
- Illinois State Trooper killed in accident
- After second Illinois State Trooper dies from behind hit by a vehicle, police plead for people to slow down
- THPD receives Homeland Security funding to buy 'Bearcat' armored vehicle
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office set to receive new vehicles
- Indiana State Police Trooper injured during Vermillion County domestic dispute