VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) -A Vermillion County bridge is set to completely close for five-days as part of an ongoing construction project.
On Friday, the Indiana Department of Transportation said crews will close the State Road 163 bridge, over the Wabash River starting on July 10 at 9:00 a.m.
State Road 163 bridge near Clinton set to completely close for five days
The bridge is located just east of Clinton.
Officials say the contractor will lay the deck for the bridge during that time.
It is expected to reopen to one lane on July 15, at 6:00 a.m.
This is part of an ongoing construction project that will replace and widen the bridge.
The entire project is expected to be wrapped up on November 14.
- State Road 163 bridge near Clinton set to completely close for five days
- State Road 163 bridge near Clinton set to close later this month
- Next meeting coming up for State Road 163 bridge
- Completion timeframe set for McDaniel Road bridge
- Public hearing set to discuss future of State Road 163 river bridge
- Road signs up, warning of upcoming work on State Road 163 bridge
- Residents can voice concerns at INDOT 163 Bridge meeting
- Two Terre Haute bridges set to close for road projects
- Traffic set to shift in State Road 46 bridge project
- Injuries reported after accident on State Road 163 in Parke County