INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - On Tuesday, Indiana Senators will decide the fate of a bill that could bring a casino to Terre Haute.
They are slated to vote on Senate Bill 552.
The appropriations committee passed the bill unanimously last week.
It would allow a group to move a gaming license from Gary to Terre Haute.
The bill would also legalize sports wagering in Indiana.
Senator Jon Ford, from Terre Haute, has told us he expects the bill to pass.
If Senators pass the bill, the next step would be to get it through the House.
- State Bill involving Terre Haute's possible casino goes to the Senate on Tuesday
- Senate Bill 552 passes 10-0, a step that could bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Hearing set for next week on Senate Bill 552, the bill that would bring a casino to Terre Haute
- Two bills that would bring a casino to Terre Haute passes in Indiana Senate, the House is next
- Hearing set for bill that could bring casino to Terre Haute
- Casino company places second bet on Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute
- Terre Haute takes two more steps towards getting a casino
- Do you want a Casino in Terre Haute?
- Terre Haute church sponsors anti-casino billboards around the city