CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A section of road in Clinton, Indiana is back open after a stand-off situation Sunday morning.
According to Clinton Police Chief Billy MacLaren, a suicidal person was in a car near the river with a rifle. IN-163 from Clinton to Lyford was shut down while authorities dealt with the situation.
The incident was resolved peacefully after several hours. MacLaren says the person emptied the gun, placed it in the car seat and got out of the car.
The person was taken to a hospital for evaluation and no one was injured.
- Stand-off ends peacefully, road back open
- Hostage situation ends peacefully in Vermillion County
- 13th 1/2 Street barricade situation ends peacefully
- Daviess County man allegedly forces police standoff with children inside home, ends peacefully
- State Road 59 project end date pushed back
- Man at the center of Brazil standoff surrenders peacefully
- Taped together firecrackers: Motel 6 incident wraps up peacefully after device found in room safe
- Back-to-back earthquakes shatter roads and windows in Alaska
- INDOT: McDaniel Road Bridge officially open!
- McDaniel Road Bypass open for use