TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - One local shop is taking a bad, nearly insane situation and have some fun with it! You've heard about the Tide Pod Challenge where teenagers put those laundry soap packets in their mouths for a social media thrill. Well, how about this instead? We stopped by Square donuts on Wabash Avenue in Terre Haute. There you'll find "Square Pods"! The traditional delicious Square Donut decorated like a Tide Pod.
Michele Long of Terre Haute saw it on Facebook Thursday morning and just had to stop by to find out more.
"Trying to make light of a bad situation yes, trying to get people to kinda have some humor with it and teach people that ya know there are things you can't eat and there are things you can eat"
The new Square Pods are flying off the shelves and best of all these won't make you sick, unless you eat too many of course!
- "Square Pods" at Square Donuts
- National Donut Day
- Did a train conductor block traffic for Square Donuts? CSX investigation underway
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Just Dunkin’: Dunkin’ Donuts to change its name
- Local donut shop to offer sweet treats for Down Syndrome Day
- A sweet treat for a little girl, local donut shop celebrates World Down Syndrome Day
- Cops and firemen on rooftops of Dunkin' Donuts to raise money
- What does 'National Donut Day' have to do with the Salvation Army and World War I?
- 60-years and running: Many flock to Crullers Donut Shack at Covered Bridge Festival