TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Spectacle Entertainment says it hopes to bring around 500 much-needed jobs to the community.
Company leaders say a new partnership will help in that goal.
That's according to a release sent to our newsroom on Monday.
It announced a partnership between Spectacle Entertainment and Hard Rock International.
Hard Rock International includes around 186 Hard Rock Cafes, 241 Hard Rock shops, 29 hotels, and 12 casinos.
Together, Hard Rock and Spectacle Entertainment plan to compete for the Terre Haute site.
This comes after the Indiana General Assembly passed the sports gaming bill.
It will allow Spectacle Entertainment to move two of its casinos.
One of those could be moved to Terre Haute.
Vigo County voters would have to vote yes on a referendum on the November ballot.
- Spectacle Entertainment and Hard Rock partner to compete for Terre Haute casino
- Spectacle VP says the company is ready to compete for Terre Haute as casino bill moves forward
- Report: Gov. Holcomb got private flights from Spectacle Entertainment
- Amazon partners with Terre Haute Post Office
- Terre Haute Chamber partners with surrounding communities in new partnership
- National group partners with city to improve downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Police partner with Facebook to provide local alerts
- Crews hard at working filling potholes in Terre Haute
- Casino company places second bet on Terre Haute
- Vigo County Commissioners support bringing casino to Terre Haute