TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The opioid crisis in the Wabash Valley was the topic of a special guest in Terre Haute on Tuesday.
Dr. Kristina Box is the Indiana State Health Commissioner.
She visited The Richard G Lugar Center for Rural Health in Terre Haute.
Dr. Box did her first year of medical school in Terre Haute 35-years ago.
She says the changes in the medical and educational communities here are amazing.
She also talked about a crisis our residents face, opioid abuse.
She applauded a new opioid treatment center for the area.
Dr. Box will travel to Washington D.C. next week to fight for more money for healthcare in Indiana.
- Special guest makes a stop in Terre Haute, talks opioid crisis
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- U.S. Senator makes stop in Terre Haute, talks drug addiction
- Mobile classroom makes Terre Haute stop to talk financial empowerment
- Rotary Club hosts special guest
- Terre Haute Police make 5-year-olds birthday celebration extra special
- Peach Truck Tour makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Shoe Bus receives grant, make stop at Terre Haute school
- New Girl Scouts leader makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Well-known illusionist makes a stop in Terre Haute