TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - People in Terre Haute took the time to say thanks to the people who keep you safe during an emergency.
State Farm hosted a special first responders cookout.
The celebration came just a day before the 4th of July holiday.
First responders had the chance to eat some tasty treats and relax.
Several groups in the Wabash Valley make it a point to take time to recognize emergency service workers.
- Special cookout works to honor emergency workers
- Baesler's Market hosts cookout to help CODA
- Baesler's hosts cookout to benefit Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Two judges honored at a special ceremony
- Local vets honored with special picnic
- Local group hosts cookout to help babies and families in need
- TREES Inc. hosts cookout to teach community about importance of the enviornment
- Cookout for a cause: Giving back to the community one ribeye sandwich at a time
- Elementary school has special cafeteria worker for Thanksgiving lunch
- Group works to honor female veterans